BARNA Annual Conference 2017
Fri 16 June 2017 to Fri 16 June 2017, London
Annual BARNA Conference 2017 – Revalidate your clinical practice
The 31st annual BARNA conference 2017 is held on
16th June 2017 in The Queen Ann Court, Greenwich University, London
* Fentanyl use versus Alfine (Alfentanil/Morphine mixture) protocol to control post-operative pain in PACU
* Latest in Paediatric anaesthesia and post-operative care (one complete stream)
* Revalidation - the process, facts, questions and answers
* Anaesthesia in Diabetic Patient
6 hours of CPD
Conference fee for BARNA members:
£75 Early Bird before 30/04/17
£90 After the Early Bird rate
Conference fee for non-BARNA member
£ 120 Early Bird before 30/04/17
£140 After the Early Bird rate
Pre-Registration Student fee
Who should attend:
Anyone who is interested in anaesthetic and recovery care: e.g. anaesthetic nurses, recovery/PACU nurses, scrub nurses, ODP's,
students (either Pre-registration or on Anaesthetic/ICU speciality course with a fee of £20), anaesthetists, midwives, physiotherapists, critical care/intensive care nurses, A&E nurses, etc, etc...
- Education: Improve overall knowledge of issues related to perioperative care. Being a nurse means a lifetime of learning. It is our responsibility to stay on top of a quickly changing healthcare environment.
- Continuing Professional Development CPD. You can collect 6 CPD's from this conference, important when revalidating with the NMC.
- Networking: talking to other care providers from other hospitals, from other cities and even abroad, can open your mind to ideas that will improve your practice. And, you can help your colleagues improve theirs.
- Career advancement – keeping up with new advances in the profession will help you to advance your career and potentially allow you to earn more money. Employers like to see that you are committed to your job and attending conferences is one way you can show your employer that you are lifelong learner.
- Visit the exhibitors. Exhibitors display their products and services at conferences. The attendees can explore new equipment, textbooks and other products. Use the break times to meet the exhibitors and learn more about their products and services; pick up some fun materials, such as free pens, highlighters, and sticky notes. Who wouldn't like a free pen.
- Meet the BARNA committee members. Maybe you are interested in becoming a BARNA committee member too? We are looking for more people to join the committee and the sub-committees. How would you make a change?
- Have a little fun, play tourist– Attending a conference is a chance to break out of the routine. Greenwich has lots to offer: great restaurants and bars, Cutty Sark, the observatory and even the Fan Museum.
The Queen Ann Court is located in the heart of this historic Greenwich. Beautiful views of the Thames from the venue's historic buildings. Close to historic Cutty Sark sailing ship which is truly an inspiring sight after the completed innovative renovation work. The Observatory Hill, Greenwich Park and newly refurbished Queen Ann's House can be seen from the Greenwich University (Old Naval College) courtyard and these attractions are truly worth a visit.
BARNA – Promoting anaesthetic and recovery nursing